Sunday, February 07, 2010

Old


Days are passing and we shall see wrinkles crawling up our face. We will not want to see our bodies slowly losing its capacity to reproduce youthful cells. Our brains won't function just as much as it used to... Memories will soon be erased. We may dive into depression. Forget how we once lived and we will just wait for the ticking clocks to tell us that our time is up.
What will become of us in years to come? Will we lie alone in bed or crochette along side with our granddaughters. Will we stay and spend all days feeding our pets for we have no one to spend our pensions with?
I won't mind how old I grow. Maybe a hundred or more years or so... As long as I spend my remaining days with you... When I forget my name and who I am, I want you to remind me everyday how much you love me... How much you cared like back when we were younger, we cuddled, watched cheesy movies and you give me massages while asleep... When I would drool because my nerves would fail me, I want you to make me smile like you always do... Just like how you pretended not to be grossed out when I farted... When I could no longer get myself a decent bath, I want you to bathe me and remind me how bubble baths feel when we were younger... Teach me how to make bubbles and let me look at them as if it were the first time I ever saw them... When I whine about my looks, I want you to pluck my brows even if by then I'd have none... And, when I am about to die, I want you to lay me on the rooftop as we watch the stars.. Hold my hands as I close my eyes and make me feel that my life was so worth it after all...

No comments: