Saturday, September 09, 2006

A dream


I had a dream last night... Someone discovered that if you took a rubberband and turned it into a slingshot using your pointer and thumb and sling a piece of paper on a windless day, it could travel to a different country. I was curious with such idea and so I did try to fling a few shots... Suddenly it came to mind that a person from far away could be receiving these pieces of paper so I wrote something on these tiny sheets of paper...The sun was setting and it had a glazy shade of pink. I decided to aim at that setting ball of flame. As I did, I aimed and flung a shot and I thought to myself... I hope someone gets it...
There on the paper I worte... "In Manila where the pollution is, I am here...." I wondered what made me write that. Perhaps I wanted people to know that I existed on the other side of the world... But a part of me also wonders, what if my soulmate gets the note and someday we would meet and that person would show it to me... It amazes me how as simple as a note flung to the horizon of the unknown could bring two people together... and then maybe they'd discover that once when they have not yet met each other, they have had that chance of connecting... There is a hidden bond between them for them to discover later on in life... This is one of the greatest experience that life has to offer....I wanted to meet the person who would get the note... Not because I wanted a soulmate but perhaps it's because we share the same secrets that not anyone could tell...

No comments: