Sunday, August 20, 2006

Min Al-Haramiya?


We have just been born. From womb to tomb. My mother fed me. Just moments ago. My brother is turning three. He doesn't want to play. He just wants to stay alive. I hear that horrible sound. I'm too young to ask my mom, "What are those?". My parents seem restless. They don't go out much now a days. I wonder why. But I'm happy they're spending much time with me. My mom cradles me. But she's crying... and my dad is by her side consoling her. I wonder if she's afraid of something. But if we are together, then nothing would go wrong.. I wish I could console her... but I am still too little to even hug her... Night time arrives and I see the skies fill with beautiful fireworks and still my mom would cry each time she would hear the sounds. I didn't know such beauty could bring so much tears. I fell sound asleep last night but my mom did otherwise. The next morning we were all packed. Dad was in the car all set and ready. We were going out! at long last I could see the outside world. It's beautiful outside. It's better than being cooped up at home. My eyes would widen with curiosity for never have I feasted on such view before... Until i've heard a loud bang... I didn't know what had just happened but suddenly I felt myself burning and my cries were muffled by smokes. My mom no longer cradles me... She's no longer moving. My whole family is engulfed in flame... I myself cannot save myself and this pain is seeping throughout my fragile little body... What is my family's fault and what wrong have I done to deserve such agony? I thought we'd be safe if we stuck together but then we died together... We are condemned because we are minorities. We are condemned because we believe differently... But in Allah's eyes we are innocent... Perhaps in Allah's kingdom we shall no longer be oppressed... When the incident of 911 occured, the whole world mourned because hundreds of AMERICAN CIVILIANS were killed. But when a whole ARAB NATION is being attacked and most of the civilians who are children, were killed, the world is now divided on whether to take the Israeli side or the Lebanese side. Why? Because these are ARABS... people they stereotype as different.. people they ostrasize and label as terrorists. In the first place it is not the government of Lebanon who has waged this war and Israel "claims" that they are not against Lebanon, so why make the Lebanese people suffer? Is it just because of two Israeli soldiers who were rightfully abducted because they were trespassing on the lands of the Lebanese that the lives of hundreds of children and women must suffer? Who are the terrorists? Those who claim to be targeting the enemy when their missiles would kill hundreds of innocent people? Or is it those who would shoot a hundred missiles a day yet target soldiers that are indeed their enemy rather than civilian. This is what we call "haram". An act condemned by God. People refuse to see who are the oppressed but in the eyes of God, they shall remain to be the freedom fighter, the innocent ones... "In sha-Allah..." they shall win the war.

No comments: